Great economists, Minister, RBI officials, media men, stock predictors, rating agencies and various types of analyst of banks are predicting excellent and bright future of public sector banks. But I am not convinced with their rhetoric and frequent stress on public platform on good health of banks. I foresee dark days for PSBs and am very much sure that this is creation of the same lot persons who are advocating good health of banks compared to private banks. I am therefore inclined to place the realities of banks in public domain so that common men take due care before parking their surplus fund in banks or before investing in share of these banks. For this purpose I would like to request you to provide me following information pertaining to each public sector bank as on 30.09.2011on following points.
1. Total advance as on 30.09.2011
2. Number of accounts and amount where total funded and non funded exposure per individual / firm/group /company/MFI/Mutual fund is more than Rs.100 crores
3. Number of accounts and amount where total funded and non funded exposure per individual / firm/group/MFI/company/ mutual fund is more than Rs.10 crores but upto Rs.100 crores
4. Total number of account and amount of Non Performing Assets, Restructured Assets and stressed assets out of point no. 1
5. Total number of account and amount of Non Performing Assets, Restructured Assets and stressed assets out of point no. 2
6. Total number of account and amount of Non Performing Assets, Restructured Assets and stressed assets out of point no.3
7. Year wise amount of money sacrificed by each bank during last ten years in waiver of loan, compromise settlement and in writing off of bad debts
8. Whether any to executive like Executive Director or CMD, or GM or DGM or AGM or CM has been punished for bad and mischievous management due to which bad assets grew to such a large extent as in SBI or many top performing banks.
If yes please provide bank wise name of such punished officers during last ten years. There are many officers who caused hundreds of crores of rupees to their banks but have been allowed safe exit from the bank. or even promoted to higher position. Even investigating agencies like CBI or CVC ignored such cases for some reason or the other.
9. Amount lost by each bank on account of fraud and name of top officers punished for this during last ten years
10 Last but not the least whether unmanageable growth in bad assets is always due to global recession or bad weather or interest hike as pretended by top executives of the banks.